Monday, January 5, 2015

A Closet Makeover For My Husband

Guess who entered the world of Pinterest? 

My husband.

And it all started with the desire to organize his closet. 

He collected a few ideas, created his own blueprint and got to work. 

Christmas gift cards from family were well-spent. 

One can of "Fashion Gray" paint and two shelving kits later, my husband's new closet was complete.



Personalized cuff links...a monogrammed pocket knife with our wedding date inscribed...shoe shine. 

Dare I ruin the moment by pointing out our son cut some of the ends off of the shaving brush? 
Thanks for not noticing. #lifewithkids 

I decorated the shelves with items we had around the house. 









That moment when you're trying to get the shot, but your old dog is snoring and you can't bear to move her. #PennyLane

In person, the closet appears much bigger than in the photos, as we maximized the space available and the eye is drawn upward.

Worth noting, the paint lends the scent of pine.

Yes, pine.

One can't open the doors without the manliness commanding a sense of imminent success.

Joey nailed it...

...and inspired me to redo mine.

That's coming soon.


Linking up with: 


XOXO,

7 comments:

PolkaDottyPlace said...

Looks GREAT! I bet it's much more fun to get dressed with everything displayed so nicely. Can't wait to see how you makeover your space.

Joey Garrett said...

Haha, you're too cute. Glocks are next on my list. I LOVE PINTEREST!

Joey Garrett said...

And it's not pine, but cashmere woods. ;) I had so much fun doing these projects with you, can't wait to show yours.

DD's Cottage said...

I think my hubby would be jealous if he saw this closet-great job!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

FABULOUS! The most masculine and great looking man's closet. I love all your organization and the elements of décor you've used for it. Mu hubs is gonna want one of this too, lol!
Happy New Year!
FABBY

The Country Nest said...

What a great closet, I can't even get my hubby to purge his closet out. It is so nice you did it together.

Patty Antle said...

Hi Cutie - it's been awhile! This is such a neat post to see your hubby get excited with Pinterest! His closet is wonderful and I imagine he enjoys it every day when he gets dressed!