Tuesday, October 14, 2014

My "Why" - Unfiltered


Hi friends! Today I felt prompted to share with you why exactly I decided to become a Distributor with It Works Global. This is from the heart, and I'll hope you'll read until the end. 
Why am I on a personal crusade to succeed in my business? What propels me forward?
Because when I was 9 months pregnant with Sutton, Joey was essentially forced to resign from his job when he wouldn't go along with the dishonest standards by which the company operated. I was a stay-at-home-mom, so we lost all source of income, as well as our health insurance...and I was about to bring our second child into the world. NOW, I have something to fall back on.

Because I know what it's like to depend on food stamps. To sell my furniture on Craigslist just to have gas money. To have an unexpected bill go through and, subsequently, be the girl who puts groceries back, one at a time in the checkout line as people behind me watch impatiently.
Because I want to leave a legacy for my children's children...so they won't have to share my aforementioned experiences.
Because when you watch your husband work an 80+ hour work week, be away from his precious children and tirelessly bear the burden of being the sole provider, you determine you WILL retire him or die trying. Because life is short and fragile, and no parent should have to miss watching their children grow.
Because I personally feel called to homeschool, and to braid Christ-centured values into my children's education. This requires generating income from the home, and not having the cost of childcare/schooling saturating a 9-5 paycheck.
Because, when you're introduced to a company that's founded on faith, and is UNASHAMED to say so, you take notice...because that doesn't happen very often. I understand what a PRIVILEGE it is to be part It Works, and I'm thankful for this company's generous spirit, compensation plan and bonuses.
Friends, I know what it's like to have too little, and I know what it's like to have more than enough. I know what it's like to be a working mom and a stay-at-home-mom. However, on the heels of uncertainty, my faith has remained constant. And now, as my own BOSS, I can use my business as a platform to glorify God through my finances, time and words.
I GET to share life-changing, healing products with people and watch their confidence return. I GET to rub elbows with THE most amazing, empowered women in Oklahoma.
I'm just a girl with big dreams - determined to keep my beautiful children by my side and my hardworking husband hand-in-hand while I work to bring him home.
This is not my hobby. This is my passion.
And now you know "why."
Join me or learn more at www.projectskinnypants.com. 

XOXO,

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Congratulations, Meredith, for creating your own future! You are strong and courageous and I know that you will be successful. I am SOOO happy for you! xo Diana

PolkaDottyPlace said...

Good for you!! I've missed reading what you're up to so thanks for the update. Sounds like you've grabbed the bull by the horns and are doing great :)

chateau chic said...

I applaud you for sticking by your principles and values as you work at raising your family in a godly way.
Mary Alice

must love junk said...

Meredith, what an honest, touching post! Good for you, going after your dreams (and you look wonderful in your photo! :)
Susan

Ugochi said...

God always honours integrity. God will take your business to greater heights.

Michell Pulliam said...

Hey Meredith! I saw this post over on your FB page, loved it then and love it even more now! It speaks such volumes! There's nothing like being passionate about something and having the means to do it! I've actually been using the ItWorks products for about four months now. The Greens, HairNailsandSkin and the Core Vital nutrition and I absolutely LOVE them! My only problem, is that strangers think I'm wearing extensions. Lol! It's funny when I walk into a hair store and the owner tells me that women pay good money for hair like mine...too funny!! Have a blessed weekend! xoxoxo

Design_Fluff said...

Loved reading about the honesty of your struggles. I pray God will grant your goals!