Monday, June 9, 2014

$40 Entryway Makeover

Have you ever thanked God for a good deal? Is...is that just me?

I recently went garage saling, and on my list of Things I Want was a new table for my entryway. 

Something poised and grand. Without the poised and grand price. 

On this particular day, I stopped at a sparse-looking sale. It didn't look promising. 

But as I approached the garage, I saw this beautiful wooden table...

...WITH A $40 PRICE TAG. 

My eyes almost fell out of my head and rolled down the driveway. 

It was marked down because of this crack. However, I knew my runner would cover it perfectly.

I handed the seller two twenties, and we loaded this beauty into my SUV. 

These pictures were taken with my phone - forgive the blurriness. 

That's my office - straight ahead:

16 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh my word, that is a bargain for sure and it is such a grand piece. I would have scooped that up in a hurry too. Love it in your entry.

Lena said...

What a great find! And it's perfect for your home!

NanaDiana said...

WOW, Meredith. That is a beauty of a find..and that crack is nothing!!! Love it-it is perfectly grand there-xo Diana

PolkaDottyPlace said...

Great find and it's just perfect for your space. Garage sales are the best!! I'm hoping to go with my sister next weekend to hunt for some great deals.

Bally Chohan said...

Nice Blog Thanks For Sharing Information
Bally Chohan | UK Laundry Services | Bally Chohan Laundry | Baljinder

Patty Antle said...

That's a great looking table and find. You just never know what you will find at those garage sales. Good job!

Curtains in My Tree said...

what a deal $40

it looks beautiful

Rea T said...

what a steal meredith!
i'm glad your eyes did not fall out of your head and rolled down the driveway!♥

perfect for the space...

Rea T said...

what a steal meredith!
i'm glad your eyes did not fall out of your head and rolled down the driveway!♥

perfect for the space...

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

you can always fill in the cracks with tinted wood filler. Love it!

laura Madalene said...

Wow, these are incredible! Who knew all those gorgeous colours could be found in the sky.
Bed Designs

Linda P said...

Wow, Meredith, the table is gorgeous. You always seem find fabulous things. Enjoy your week. Hugs, Linda

Linda P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole Mendez said...

What a great find! Love the table. One woman's junk is another's treasure!

Nicole Mendez said...

What a great find! Love the table. One woman's junk is another's treasure!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

The crack gives it charm. I love old things. Great find. xoox