Sunday, April 6, 2014

An Update and A Blog Break

Hi friends!

As you may have noticed, I'm blogging a lot less these days.

And I'm going to step aside from blogging for awhile. 

You may see a post from me on a monthly basis, so I'm not disappearing altogether. :) 

I still enjoy blogging and really value all the friendships I have with you ladies.  

I'm in a season of my life where I need to cut out the things that take time away from what matters more...my family, my marriage and, yes, my sleep.
In the next ten weeks, Sutton will take gymnastics, Grayson will take karate lessons {fingers crossed he'll stick with it} and Joey and I will be involved in a church small group. These are ALL firsts for our family!! 

On these two days we have together, I don't want to be sidetracked about follow up emails and comments and fresh content...You get the picture. 

As for the other days, I'm finding that blogging isn't fitting in to my schedule that well.
If it does, I have to force it. 

But, I'll visit your blogs when I can, I pinky promise. 

And I'll leave you with this...

Joey and I actually went on ANOTHER date...TWO in one month. #Unprecedented 

We are wholeheartedly working on dating more and adding balance to our lives.
For me, right now, balance means blogging even less.  

Thanks for reading and for staying with me over time. 

XOXO

16 comments:

Linda said...

I'll be right here when you get back. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

Lena said...

I'll miss you!! But I know what you mean. I took a much needed break last year with only occasional posts and that balance is still hard to find for me. But I hope to see you back in a couple of months because, I know, you will miss blogging :) Hugs!

Jayma D said...

Good for you! I think sometimes it can be hard to actually step up to the plate and actually make the change to have balance in life.... so that is very cool and I really admire you! I will always be here.... praying for you. :)

Much Love, Jayma

NanaDiana said...

God bless you, Meredith. I think we each have to do what works best for us when it comes to blogging. Your family is IT right now and blogging can wait. Love to you and your sweet family- xo Diana

Stacy @ Sweethearts + Sweet Tarts said...

I think it is too easy to allow blogging to take up so much of our time!! Good for you for dedicating yourself to more important endeavors. It sounds like you have some wonderful family time ahead of you! And keep up on your date nights!

Ashley Ditto said...

God Bless you sweet sister! I have taken a step back as well. I can't wait to hear more from you!

Ashley Ditto said...

God Bless you sweet sister! I have taken a step back as well. I can't wait to hear more from you!

Ashley Ditto said...

God Bless you sweet sister! I have taken a step back as well. I can't wait to hear more from you!

PolkaDottyPlace said...

I'm excited to hear that things are going so well in your real life that you are dialing back your blog life. I also found myself trying to figure out a new life/blog balance this year. Taking weekends off has been a good change for me :)

It sounds like lots of wonderful things headed your way. You look stunning for your hot date night and you both look so happy!! You should keep up this date night trend you've started. Enjoy your family and enjoy making some wonderful memories with them. I'll look forward to you checking in every once in a while to say hello :) Take care!

Khammany @ Sweet Inspired Home said...

I completely understand. I can only manage about 1 new post a month nowadays and I don't even have kids! Blogging sure takes some time! Enjoy your time with your family!

Nicole Mendez said...

Miss having you around all the time but balance really is the most important thing...however you have to get it! By the way I LOVE that zigzag dress you wore on date night. Very cute!

must love junk said...

Love this! Blogging is definitely time consuming and I think it's great that you are putting your marriage and kids first! Enjoy your time with them :)
Susan

Patty Antle said...

I totally understand! We just returned from visiting our son and celebrating our grandson's first birthday. I forgot how busy young families are! I have really enjoyed reading your blog and will continue xoxo

Jules said...

I'm with you, sister! God first... everything else comes in at distant places and blogging is way down on the list! Balance, Balance, Balance. Kudos to you for choosing wisely. Love the monthly update idea!!! xoxo jules from bles-id

Rea T said...

hi meredith,
good for you! i am actually in the same page with you (i posted about slowing down on blogging too) http://homefor4sweethome.blogspot.com/2014/04/slowing-it-down.html
and i have been enjoying it♥

let's be happy whether we blog or not!
huggies♥
rea

Michelle Nahom said...

It seems to be a common theme right now that people are needing blogging breaks. I know a lot of people who are feeling like it's just not fitting into their lives right now o they're even feeling a little burn out. I hope all is well!