Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Happy 9th Anniversary To Us!

What makes a date great? The one you're with, of course.

And last night, I was with the man I met during our very first day of college - 14 years ago.

Upon meeting this earring-clad boy, he told me he "had goats back home."

This city girl was like, "Whaaaaaat?" #YouveGotToBeKidding #Baaah

Despite these "minor details," Joey and I quickly became best friends. 

Inseparable. 

And everyone on campus wondered why we weren't dating. 
By the end of our freshman year in 2001, we eventually DID take our friendship to the next level. 

Then on March 12, 2005...nine years ago today...we got married. 
So last night, we went on a date to celebrate.

Let me say that again, because we nev-ver go on dates. 

LAST NIGHT, WE WENT ON A DATE!!

Joey's work schedule is not conducive for us to go out. I wish he had regular hours and normal work days, but he just doesn't. And since he works nearly 60 hours a week, we like to spend his days off as a family, doing things with the kids. 

We often have "movie nights" in the living room after the kids go down, but Date Nights?? 
Um. Not so much. 

Last night, my sister and her husband graciously watched the kids while we dined at Bellini's. 

We even dressed up for the occasion! I was GIDDY! 

I think we BOTH were. 

I felt like I needed a corsage or something.

:)

We took Stoplight Selfies.
With and WITHOUT sunglasses. Because, let's be thorough, people. 
We took individual pictures. Because CHEESY was okay on DATE NIGHT!
We took pictures of our food. Because, how often does one eat duck? {That was so Joey's.}
**And mine was just pretty.**
{I ate this. entire. bowl. of fettuccine alfredo. If that's wrong, then I don't wanna be right.}
I kept taking pictures, which I'm fairly certain is a date DON'T.

 But I said, "Hey, we've got to DOCUMENT this date. It may not come again until next year!"
And I hope another evening together does come sooner. But if it doesn't, that's okay, too. 

I'm just thankful for every day I have with Joey - the only man I've ever loved.

XOXO,

18 comments:

Linda said...

;)))) Linda

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!! You two look so happy and sounds like the perfect Date Night. Hugs, Marty

Divine Theatre said...

How ADORABLE are you!!!?????
Such a lovely couple!
Here's to 100 more years in love!

xo

Andie

Nicole Mendez said...

It looks like you two had a blast. If you hardly ever do date nights then you gotta do them up right when the time comes! Happy Anniversary!

Nada Nada Limonada said...

Looks like a great date night! Happy Anniversary!!

PolkaDottyPlace said...

Happy Anniversary!! You two are so cute!! Love your outfit & accessories. Your necklace looks vintage - is it?? I'm glad your sister could watch your kiddos while you had a night on the town. Your food looked delicious!! Here's to hoping you get another date night before your 10th anniversary :)

Stephanie said...

Awwww... congratulations, sweet Meredith! I LOVED the photos and the food looks amazing - I can see why you took photos of it :) Happy Anniversary. Love and hugs!

Linda P said...

Hi Meredith...happy anniversary. great pictures of you two. I wish you many more. Date night is a great idea. xoxo Linda

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Happy belated 9th. anniversary and many, many more and God bless you both! Beautiful couple! Enjoy your weekend.
FABBY

Rea T said...

first of all,happy anniversary to you and joey!!

second, you just look fab on that black dress meredith♥

third, this post is just hilarious especially when you said that you have to be thorough in taking your selfies with and without sunglasses!

huggies♥
rea

Stacy @ Sweethearts + Sweet Tarts said...

Oh it is so cute you took so many photos - I love the stoplight selfies! What a well deserved night out for both of you! Happy anniversary!

Ashley Ditto said...

This post was so beautiful! Congratulations!!!

Suzan Sweatman said...

I'm so sorry I'm late to this party - because I loved every single word -
EVERY. SINGLE. WORD.
A huge congratulations - you make a beautiful couple !
Hugs,
Moi !!!

Patty Antle said...

You two are simply ADORABLE Meredith! What a perfect anniversary date night! Happy Anniversary!

wilson tom said...

Happy anniversary. You both are looking beautiful couple. God bless you.

my blog: wilsontom.blogspot.com

dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...

congratulations to you both and may you have many many more-love dee x

Ivy and Elephants said...

So glad you enjoyed your date. Happy anniversary, and many more date nights, too!
Hugs,
Patti

Design_Fluff said...

Happy Anniversary. You look beautiful!