Thursday, November 7, 2013

My REAL Titles

Hi. I'm Meredith, and I'm a stay at home mom. 

Hi. I'm Meredith, and I'm...

a Professional Picker-Upper

a Super Hero, with the supernatural ability to find anything and everything that's "lost"

a Contortionist {See: "Retrieving your scared child from the Play Place"}

Your Worst Nightmare if you ring my doorbell during nap time

a Marker Cap Putter Back On-er 

Doing Important Work Here

a Professional Multi-tasker {I just folded the laundry and made dinner while typing this sentence.}

a Snot-Wiper

Cheering On You Amazing Working Moms {I used to be one, too}

a Nurse for all ouchies, viruses and stomach bugs

a Teacher at the Garrett {Homeschool} Academy of Greatness


Secretly Hoping You'll Never Drop By Unannounced 

a Referee between siblings

an Appointment Taker-Toer {this includes dogs}

the Family Accountant 

the Family Grocer

the Family Stylist

a Chef {Ask me about my ability to make stove-top mashed potatoes.}

Contributing To Society

----Hold on. My 4 year old is yelling from the bathroom that he's "finished." ----

Not Always On the Internet, despite what some may think

an Actress, putting on plays and going along with the fantastical shenanigans of my children

a Life Coach

Never Going To Need Lasek, because I have eyes in the back of my head
{Except for the Epic Code White of 2013}


Busy Cleaning Up the Baby Powder From the Epic Code White of 2013

a Counselor

the One You Saw In Full Pursuit, Chasing Her Daughter Through Target

Out Of Breath

Hoping You'll Understand That I'm Not JUST a Stay At Home Mom

Fulfilled.

That should clear up any confusion about what I do.

Can you relate?
What are your REAL titles?

Until next time, 

15 comments:

Tara Jefferis said...

Oh I adore it he he he, that was great :) Thank you for making me laugh today. Tara.

NanaDiana said...

LOL- Add Grandmother to my title and I pretty much echo all your jobs! lol You look beautiful, Meredith-that is a great picture of you! xo Diana

Lena said...

You are an amazing Mom and such an inspiration! :)

PolkaDottyPlace said...

It's amazing how many hats women wear these days! You do a great job; it was entertaining to read all of your many talents. Go super mom! Keep up the good work.

Michell Pulliam said...

Wow Meredith, we do EVERYTHING don't we!! Oh your list brought back sooo many memories girl!! Whew...it was by the grace of God I survived, lol! But you know what, I wouldn't change it for anything!! Kudos to you lady for carrying on the baton and doing a mighty fine job at it!! Just to think Meredith, when they get older, you can add secretary, agent, therapist, relationship, career AND financial adviser, severe intercessor and then some...to the list! Lol! Have a lovely weekend my friend! xoxo

Denise Duffy said...

That is quite a resume! And so so true! And I'm not sure when a lot of those jobs end. My grandson was here last week looking for something. Which involved opening a closet door and looking around, with hand still on door handle and then declaring that I was wrong, "it" wasn't there. And he's 15! So you're in for a long long haul!:) And that's not such a bad thing.

Stephanie said...

LOVED this!!! You made me smile, sweet lady :) I can totally relate to many of these. Happy weekend! Hugs

chateau chic said...

I would add that being a mom is a full-time selfless job that can be the hardest job, but also the most rewarding!!
Mary Alice

Rea T said...

totally relate to this meredith! especially the professional multi-tasker!
tried writing a post, cooking, watching keeping up with the kardashians & doing homework with my kindergartner while feeding my daughter..haha! sounds impossible but possible!

curazzy!!

Design_Fluff said...

This was great. I'm not trying to be flattering here, but truthful, I love your style of writing and someone somewhere should pick you up to do a column for a women's magazine or something.

ChatterBlossom said...

Hahahaha! I love the worst nightmare if you ring the bell at nap time! My grandma used to babysit for years and this would be her #1 nightmare.
-Jamie
ChatterBlossom

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

do you have a cape? because you definitely have super powers :)

Patty Antle said...

I remember those days. I know you are busy doing so many important things and they all matter very much. Keep up the great work!

Luisa Chandler said...

Haha! Cute post!

Luisa Chandler said...

Haha! Cute post!