Monday, July 8, 2013

An Update and Things To Come

Hello, my lovely friends!! 
My {unintended} blogging sabbatical has come to an end. 
In May, Joey was working 80+ hours a week, and it really took a toll on our little family.
I used June to focus on more time with him, and to accomplish some goals,
which I look forward to sharing with you. 
Independence Day was a blast!! How was yours?
Did you remember to pray for our soldiers and their families? 
I've been trying to do that every day. 

Sutton and Grayson had a blast swimming at my in-law's home. 
Sutton looked like the little Coppertone girl. I couldn't get enough!!
Grayson, our brave little guy, always swims with a tank top to reduce the risk of a sunburn. 
He had so much fun, and I just love watching him smile and laugh.

Looking Forward:
In August, I'll start homeschooling Grayson just for Pre-K. I'm kind of anxious about the scheduling aspect, but cleaning the house and getting things done is no longer the priority...Grayson's education is. It's almost time for me to get organized! {Yikes!} 

Lastly, I'm planning to start a new series called: 
"How Meredith Makes It Happen"
Do you want to know what I do to lose weight?
Have you ever wondered about my marriage, and if Joey and I ever argue?
Want to know how I incorporate Christ in my children's lives?
How do I decorate my home on a dime? 

Find out through this series!!
I should disclose that I DON'T have it all together! I'm just sharing what I DO that works FOR ME. 
*****Please let me know if you are curious about other things in my life. I'd love to answer your questions!*****

I look forward to catching up on all your blogs this week. 
I've missed you, but I needed some time all to myself. 
I know you bloggers understand!!

Until next time,

24 comments:

Anne K. said...

You're back! I've been looking forward for your new post :)

Suzan Sweatman said...

Understand perfectly Meredith - so nice to have you back!!!
Love your Red white and blue family photo!!! And of course your kids are too special - SO cute!
XOXOX

dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...

Hi Meridith,great to see you back your kids have grown so much.love dee x

Stephanie said...

Yay! So glad to have you back! I wondered where you had gone to :) I am looking forward to your serious. And I really appreciated what you had to say about homeschooling Grayson - that his education is priority, not the chores. I finished Kindergarten with my son this last Spring and after that year of homeschooling I realized the opportunity I have to further my son's education and how important it is :)

Anyway, great to have you back and have a blessed week!

Hugs to you.

chateau chic said...

I'm always encouraged when young mothers like yourself set such good priorities for their family!!!
Your little coppertone girl is sooo cute!
Mary Alice

Wendy said...

Welcome back!!! It looks like you had a lovely 4th!
I'm looking forward to your new series! :)

Rea T said...

i am so glad you are back meredith! i have been checking your blog every now and then since your last post and was kind of wondering if you've given up blogging :( without even saying goodbye :(
but knowing now that you chose to spend time with your family most especially joey, that is such a wonderful break from blogging... ♥

sutton's swimsuit is so adorable, she looks so cute!!

i am curious about your life too and i can't wait to read your new series and hear how's home-schooling gonna be...

huggies♥
rea

Carey said...

Glad you are back and totally understand needing time to your self and family. But I missed your fun posts...

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

yay! you are back! I am starting homescholing kindergarten with my oldest in August...will be fun...I hope

NanaDiana said...

Looks like you had a great 4th. I am so happy to see you back here, Meredith! I think your new series sounds like a lot of fun- xo Diana

Mary Reed said...

Meredith, I'm glad you took some much needed time off... But it's so nice to have you back! I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds for you and your sweet family!
Blessings to you ~ Mary

Ashley Ditto said...

Can't wait for your new series and love your new look on your blog! FUN!!

Design_Fluff said...

The kids are adorable and the little one does look like a copper tone commercial! I'm looking forward to your posts and glad you're back.

Emily said...

Great picture of your family! Love that star spangled suit on your daughter!

I love the idea for your series, can't wait to read the posts.

Joi @ Rx Fitness Lady said...

I love seeing how others make it happen. Looking forward to that series. That swimsuit is too cute!!!

Welcome back! I'm glad you took time with the hubs! You have those priorities in tack my friend :)

ChatterBlossom said...

So glad you're back!! You look fantastic and your daughter is stinkin' cute in that patriotic swimsuit. Can't wait to see your new posts too! ;-)
-Jamie
ChatterBlossom

Michèle Kruesi said...

cute photos

www.thefashionfraction.com
www.thefashionfraction.com

Danielle said...

Hooray!! Welcome back! And I'm looking forward to your new series! =) Happy Thursday!

Danielle

Diane said...

Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Looks like you had a great 4th, such cute photos. Looking forward to your series!

Heather @ Notes from the Nelsens said...

These pictures are great!! Glad you got some time to spend with family and set and reach some goals. :) Can't wait to hear more, Meredith!

~Heather

sandy said...

Family should come first so it's sometimes necessary to take a blogging break! Good for you! Such sweet family photos! Memories are being made!

Scarlett said...

I'm SO glad you're back! And homeschooling Grayson is the best news!!! I am excited for you and have already started praying for you!
Love,
Scarlett xo

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Adorable swim outfit :) Thanks for your sweet comment, Meredith! Not many photos of me on the blog... :D I'm always behind the camera lol
Pernilla xx

Patty said...

Love the patriotic swim suit on your little Coppertone darling. Since my kids are all grown, I love how young mothers share what they are doing with their little ones these days.