Monday, February 4, 2013

The Little Red Antique Car

It's fun to add a touch of whimsy to [otherwise] serious spaces, don't you think?

{Enter the red pedal car.}
My dad restored this little gem - he even fixed the bell!

Then, my parents lovingly gifted it to Grayson for Christmas. 
I'm considering it a loan, because I'm giving it back to them when G outgrows it. The car was theirs, but they let him have it due to his adoration.
 It's very heavy and a bit difficult to maneuver.

And since I have no intention of throwing out my back anytime soon, I wanted to keep it in a central place to avoid lifting it so often. 

One day, I just stuck it under my entryway table and...
...I didn't hate it kind of liked it! 

There it shall stay (when the kids aren't riding in it). 
I also added a little Spring to the entryway - a new urn and garden greenery from Hobby Lobby.
The urn is a perfect match to my Goodwill candlesticks with the beveled glass. 

{I still can't believe no one else snatched those up before me! Don't you love it when things "wait" for you?}
Remember, the table used to look like this:
Of course, things never last for long around here. 

"Goldie" got moved to the dinner table. 
You might remember seeing it in my previous post.

As for the car...

...Perhaps it drives around at night and pulls back under the table just before we awake. ;) Aaaaaand, I just gave myself nightmares. 
Thanks for stopping by! Honk if you're handy!

10 comments:

Karen A said...


That car is so cute! Love it!

ChatterBlossom said...

That is freakin' cool! Congrats to your dad for restoring it! And best not to think of that car driving itself. Nightmares would be in store for me too!

In case you haven't entered, I'm holding a giveaway today if you would like to take a peek! ;-)
Jamie
ChatterBlossom

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

the car is absolutely adorable and oh so cool!!

Dee @ A Lapin Life said...

The car is adorable!

Dixie n Dottie said...

How cute! It fits perfectly under your table too! :)
http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...

I love the car.I have a simalar one in my entry under the table.great minds think alike-love dee x

Annmarie Pipa said...

oh wow!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I have to say WOW, too! It's such a surprise and so perfect in that spot! I would walk in and go right to it for a closer look! Love your candlesticks, too! They are exquisite!

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

Yes, yes! I do love whimsey and often put fun things like a jack in the box on the shelf next to my leather bound books.

Very cute.
Very fun.
Very good bloggy work!

kelekia1 said...

My dearest sister, thank you so much for your prayers for my precious niece Ashlynn. May our Father bless you greatly!!! <3