Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Happy 4th Birthday, Grayson!!

It is my belief that a little boy secures a special place in his mother's heart.

Such is the case with my sweet son, Grayson. 
{Here we are at his "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" party on Saturday.}

Five days away from my due date, and 4 years ago, I gave birth to my first child.
{My tennis shoes were the LAST pair of shoes I could wear in the winter.}

The delivery was the easy part. 
The hardest part was experiencing postpartum depression, and it was one of the most difficult times in our lives. 
We were so tired!!!

There are so many components to this part of the story - subsequent hospitalization for me due to a virus, Grayson's nights and days were mixed up, he was EXTREMELY colicky, and I started a new job 7 weeks later. 

 Yet now, none of those things matter.
What matters is that he has stolen our hearts forever.
 He knows how to play, albeit a little too much sometimes.


He knows that there's a time for rest, too. 
Sometimes he rested in the play place...
...sometimes with Daddy...
...sometimes on Lucy...
...maybe even with his very pregnant mama when she needed to put her feet up.
But, he's really good at being bad, too. ;)

Like when he put baby powder all over the dog as well as...
...his face.
Speaking of faces, he managed to create a smurf mask using a stamp.
And then there was the time I caught him hosing down Sissy.
 Grayson has been a light in our lives for four years now. He's strong-willed, yet tender. Funny, yet focused. We love him so very much.
February 6, 2013

Today, we stopped by Daddy's work to have a little bonding time.
Happy Birthday to 1/3 of my heart!



11 comments:

Lena said...

Oh, he's a cutie! Happy Birthday to your little guy!!:)

Design_Fluff said...

This post made me cry.

He's so adorable. Happy Birthday!
Your pictures took me back to when my oldest was that age and our dog, oddly enough, was identical to yours.

My son tried to ride him like a horse, lol. Beautiful moments that I wish we could relive. Enjoy it cause it flees so fast.

Everyone says it but it's true. I still remember parents telling me the same when my oldest was that age.

dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...

happy birthday little man.he is soooo cute and what a cheeky smile-love dee x

Dixie n Dottie said...

So sweet! Hope he had a very Happy Birthday! :)

http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

happy birthday to a happy boy!!

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

I chuckled as I read that boys have a special place in our hearts.
Our son, Marcus definitely has that with me.
He's always going to be my Little One. Even as he celebrates his 21st birthday this month!

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Oh, that's so sweet! Happy birthday to that special 1/3 of your heart!! He is a doll (even with Kix on the floor, powder on Lucy or blue stamped eyes!!!)
Karen

ms.composure said...

awww SO SO SO CUTE!!
Happy bday to your son! :-)

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Happy birthday Grayson!!!

Annmarie Pipa said...

what great pictures!! fun!!
happy birthday Grayson!

City Farmhouse said...

Great pictures! What a beautiful family! Happy bday to your little guy:). Jen