Sunday, January 27, 2013

Wrapper's Delight {Using Book Pages}

Homies, did you know I can wrap...WITHOUT using expletives? {Well, if all goes well.}
I recently needed to wrap my mother's birthday present - a vintage frame - and I was out of wrapping paper. 
I had to get creative, as I wanted the packaging to set the mood for the gift. 
I wanted it to be good. 
Like, "I got this off the floor of the Titanic" good. 

{What does that even mean??}

***********

I decided to rip some pages out of an old Reader's Digest and tape the yellowed paper together. 
Then, I carefully wrapped up the frame. 

I made sure to leave extra room on the ends (rather than make it short and tight). The paper is very delicate and easily rips, so you need extra give. 
I tied a thin, golden ribbon around the gift to lock in the love. ;)
The best part is, I'd inadvertently chosen a story about a woman and a piano...

...and my mom's a music teacher, who plays the piano. 
Simple, sincere and representative of the gift. 

Now go rip some pages out of books, and you can be a wrapper, too! 

14 comments:

Denise said...

It looks so cute! And you're right, it is perfect for the beautiful vintage frame. Have a wonderful week.

Lena said...

What a fun idea! And this frame is beautiful! In our house husband wraps all the gifts. Somebody taught him years ago, and he's a pro :)

Annmarie Pipa said...

perfect!!!!
we use newspaper many times to wrap kids birthday gifts, but we have never come close to your kind of touch!

ms.composure said...

this is a very cute and creative idea!!

http://mscomposure.blogspot.com
http://www.infinitelifefitness.com

Jayma DuChene said...

Hi Meredith! Love your blog!! Steph and I are excited about our see u @ the blog prayer group...thank u for noticing it. If you have time and want to check out my blog it is http://jaymastips.blogspot.com Have a great day!!

dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...

Great idea I think I will use that one-love dee x

Divine Theatre said...

Thank you for stopping by to visit! I am your newest follower!
I have to say that I want to know the title of the book with the story about a woman and her piano! There is a reason you used that book! I want to know how it ends!

xo

Andie

Donna Wilkes said...

I have always thought that the wrapping should be as great as the gift. You certainly achieved greatness with this idea.

Jeanette@Creating A Life said...

What a great idea, and a happy coincidence about the pages you chose! Thanks for sharing.

Jeanette @ Creating A Life

Laurie @ Laurie's Little Bits of Creativity, etc. said...

Very creative of you. I love to give beautifully wrapped gifts. Sometimes the simplest is the most beautiful. New follower visiting from Coastal Charm's Nifty Thrifty Tuesday.

Cynthia said...

Great idea! I have lots of old books kicking around to repurpose. I will have to keep this in mind!

Nook and Cranny said...

I love your choice of wrapping paper.
I have used this myself along with wall paper, newspaper just to name a few. I am sure your mother will love it.
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

It's really quite perfect. Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Stacey said...

Really cute!
Love it!
Thanks for sharing with us!
Stacey of Embracing Change