Sunday, January 20, 2013

Now Accepting Prayer Requests

From now on {about once a month} I'll be asking you for any prayer needs...so I can pray for you. 

I firmly believe that prayer changes things. 

Even if you don't believe in Christ, that doesn't mean you can't allow ME to pray for you and go to Christ on your behalf. 

I don't want to miss an opportunity to lift up a fellow blogger or to offer hope to someone who is experiencing difficult circumstances. 

I'm not anyone special - nor do I think I'm perfect - I'm far from it! 

But I believe that Matthew 18:19 says it best:

"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven."

So, leave me a comment today or ANY day, or send me an email at pennyandshoes@gmail.com. You don't even have to give details...just say you need some prayer! :)

God hears us when we cry out to him. Thank you for allowing me to pray in agreement with you. 

Blessings, 
Meredith 

"Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; have mercy on me, and hear my prayer." ~Psalm 4:1




11 comments:

Cindy C said...

This is an absolute wonderful idea!! I don't know about any one else but I could always use a prayer! Just automatically put me on this list each time :P And thank you!

Design_Fluff said...

Oh no! You just opened up a flood gate, Meredith! Hahahaha! I'll be over here all the time.

Megan @ EphesiansWife said...

I just love your heart!! What a great idea sister :)
My hubby and I are moving in a few weeks, so any prayers for that are welcome!
Have a great day sweet sister!
Megan

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

prayers for Saeed Abedini (American pastor) who is going to trial tomorrow in Iran. He has been in jail since the end of september and faces death charges for being a Christian. thanks

Lena said...

It is so sweet of you!

dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...

You are such a wonderful lady.I would love it if you could include me in your prayers to help heal my legs.^ years of being sick is begining to take its tool on me..-love dee x

Dixie n Dottie said...

Wow! What a thoughtful and sweet idea! Thank you so much for caring! We have some unspoken requests we would appreciate you helping us pray for! Prayer DOES change things! Thank God for prayer! :)
http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

Karen A said...


What a sweet idea! I'd love prayer regarding several situations. Please let us know how we can pray for you too. :)

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

I've never visited your blog (or even knew it existed, in all honesty) until today. So imagine my surprise when I happen upon this post. My husband has been laid off from his job since the beginning of November and we are struggling just to meet our basic needs. I've been praying a lot about our situation, but I must admit, my faith is very thin some days, even though I feel ashamed to say that. So any and all prayers that you can offer on our behalf will be greatly appreciated. I'll pray for you and your family as well. Thank you so much!

Mom In The USA said...

Hi Meredith,
Prayer really does make a difference. What a great thing you are doing here! I'll send my prayers to you to give you strength and success in doing this.

Karina

Jeannie and Linda said...

Meredith, what a wonderful idea. I do love Christ and believe in prayers. I will read the requests that come in and pray with you. My request is for a restoring of the relationship between my daughter and myself. I see things getting better but I long for a closer relationship.

God bless you.

Linda