Monday, January 7, 2013

And There It Was...

I was browsing a local antique market, when I looked over and there it was. 
I picked it up and was surprised at how heavy it was. 
To my delight, the price was VERY right and VERY marked down. 

For awhile now, I've been looking for a cherub statue {that wasn't pricey} for my mantle.
And wouldn't you know it - the minute I tweaked my mantle exactly how I wanted it - I came upon my statue. 
Now I HAD to redecorate it all over again. ;)
At last, my statue stands atop my mantle. Even Joey likes the guy. Yay!

I added a narrow burlap runner as a filler. 
{The piece has the numbers 1-9 on it. Grayson loved it!}

12 comments:

Daphne Bryson said...

Good Morning Meredith, I love your stone cherub and it looks stunning on your mantle piece. We girls do not really need much of an excuse to re-arrange....well at least I don't...it's fun. Have a lovely day. Best Wishes Daphne

Megan @ EphesiansWife said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and encouraging me Meredith! Love the new decor :)
Have a beautiful day!!

dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...

It looks great.I love it when things come together like that-love dee x

kelekia1 said...

Love what you did with the cherub!!! So beautiful!!! You trukly have a gift!!!

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Hi Meredith, what a wonderful find and it looks perfect on your mantel! Be sure and come link up Thursday over here for Be Inspired Friday!!

Denise Marie said...

Very nice

Linda Primmer said...

Wow, what a lovely find. I love it on your mantel. Doesn't it make you happy?

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

I am working on a small painting of that very statue ... love how it looks on your mantle !

Kisha Jaggers said...

New Follower!! Found you through the Aloha Friday Blog Hop! Love your blog.. When you have a minute, stop by and say hi www.kjaggers.com ..and if you like what you see.. follow back! Happy New Year! K Jaggers

Lena said...

What a great find! Your mantle looks awesome!

Enjoying the Epiphany said...

How lovely! I love thrifty finds! I am your newest follower and was hopin' that you'd pop on by my blog (which is currently under construction so don't mind the missing photo, etc), hang around and follow me back!


Have a lovely day!

Sarah

www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

must love junk said...

Love your statue, and the greenery that you put with it!
Susan