Saturday, December 1, 2012

Monogrammed Stockings For Under $6

My Christmas mantle is complete - now that our stockings are ready!

This year, I really liked the curled-toe stockings. And I wanted them all to match.
AND I wanted them our individual initials monogrammed them. 

So I dropped them off at the place I always use. But...
...their machine broke. After a week of waiting for it to be fixed, I had to take matters into my own hands. 
I headed to Hobby Lobby and bought some little wooden letters in the craft department. They were each .30% off of $1.49.
I also bought some white crafting paint. 
{I purchased my stockings from Garden Ridge for $5.99.}

I brushed 2 coats of white paint on the letters, let them dry, and then hot glued each letter on the stocking.
For just $5.88, I love the way they look. No need to pay for the cost of monogramming!
P.S. I filled them each with some gift tissue paper, to plump them up...until they're filled with cole  presents. ;)

12 comments:

Ricci said...

Love this idea!!! And I love hot glue too..LOL!

Sandy said...

Oh to have a garden ridge around here.. I remember the one in Shurtz if that is the correct spelling.. I'd drive up from SA just to shop in that great place...
Came by to thank you for your visit to my blog and your sweet comments.. I really do like those wooden letters for your stockings!
Happy Holidays to you and your family..
Sandy

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

great looking stockings. Love the idea!

Chelsea Maxwell said...

That's such a smart idea!!

The French Hen's Nest said...

Love that idea of monogramming stockings and the letters are so pretty.

Thank you so much for joining the French Hens!

I tried to answer you through email but it says you are a "no-reply blogger". To correct that go here:
http://jenniffier.blogspot.com/2012/08/google-profile.html
She gives you step by step instructions.

Linda

dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...

i love this idea much cheaper than getting them embroidered.saw this on Savvy Southern Style--love dee x

dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...

forgot to say i am now a follower of your blog it is very good-love deex

LarasVintage said...

Love the idea.
Newest GFC follower via from Aloha Friday.
xx Sandra
larasvintage.blogspot.com

Stacey said...

Very cool idea - gotta love Hobby Lobby!
Thanks for linking up to the Christmas mantel party - so happy you did!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Nancy said...

What a great idea! It all looks pretty! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Love the idea for the letters on the stockings! I totally think I'm going to do something similar!