Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The ONE Thing I Want To Get Right

As a mom, there's so much pressure to get it all right....Make sure your kids behave well...Make sure they are healthy....That they know all the letters, shapes, numbers and colors. 

The responsibility often overwhelms me, and some days I feel like I've failed in so many ways. 

But I've come to realize something important. 
Grayson and Sutton may not get EVERY serving of their fruits and vegetables each day. 
I may lose my temper at times...then feel guilty about it later. 
The kids may stay up too late some nights, so they can see Daddy come home.
I may not get everything right, but the one thing - the most important thing - I DO want to get right is instilling a love for Jesus Christ. 
************
I want my children to know, undoubtedly, that their mama has Mountain-Moving Faith. 

I want to raise them in the church, where they can develop a knowledge about Christ and garner the tools they need to live a spirit-filled life. 

I want them to understand His ways, and how they are higher than OUR ways. To turn to Him even when we don't understand why something is happening. 

This life on earth is so very, very short. And choosing to know Jesus as their personal Savior will ensure we will spend eternity in Heaven, together, after our bodies endure no more. 
************
Grayson and sweet Sutton, I strive each day to teach you these things in addition to fostering values of respect and kindness to all. And I promise to love you unconditionally, give you as many hugs as I can and to make sure you are well. 
Thought For the Day: Because our actions speak louder than words, what are you "telling" your children....your nieces and nephews....your friends? 

10 comments:

Always Unlucky said...

I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up! From Cretive People

Rea T said...

you're definitely right that our life here on earth is short...

i also try my very best to be a good mom "emotionally" because kids nowadays are so into technology that it is really hard to emotionally get in touch with them..like my son, he likes to watch and play on his itouch, so what my husband and i try to do, we don't let him do that during the week instead we read books or do puzzles together...makes the bond thicker...

you're a wonderful mom when you try your best to be one...

huggies***
rea

Dixie n Dottie said...

Great post! Love the last picture! So cute! :)
http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

Kimberly said...

Important Post!

His Doorkeeper said...

Couldn't agree with you more! Exactly what I tried to do with my children. It is THE most important part of their up-bringing!
Blessings!

Cooking Up Faith said...

Amen! To know Jesus is our Savior and the Savior of our husbands and children is such a wonderful thing to know. Thank you for sharing this!

Julie said...

Well written post! You have your priorities straight. Thank you for your visit and comment on my blog @ http://icreatepurtythangs.blogspot.com. Following you now.

Anonymous said...

I think you are the perfect person to ask this to. I have a rowdy two year old that I do not under any circumstance feel comfortable taking to church, she is off the wall on her terrible twos. Ive been thinking of how to introduce God and Bible into her life. I was thinking maybe getting a Noahs Ark story book to hook her (her favorite thing in the world are animals). Or finding a book that explains who God is, in a way she could understand. Shes close to being three and I think its time to introduce her to our faith. Any suggestions?! My email is ccsmorales@yahoo.com

must love junk said...

You've got your priorities straight! What a gorgeous pic of you! (and of course your kids are absolutely adorable!!)
Susan

Cindy said...

Very sweetly written. I think you've already got it right.