Saturday, November 17, 2012

Plate Expectations

Have you ever had a project in your mind, and (after much thought and careful searching) you finally executed your vision??

For me, that project was the plate wall in my dining area. 
The cost? About $12.

(I just realized you can see the highchair in the mirror. Oh well, this is real life!) :) 

I found these beautiful cream-colored plates at a thrift store for a total here of $7. I bought all they had and used the other half to Dress Up My Address.
They appear whiter in photos than in person.
I already had the mirror and the wreath. 

The sconces - just the ones I was looking for - were found at a garage sale for $2.50 each! 

But, I believed the lady when she told me she paid a lot for them. The rest of her items were amazing. 
Nighttime shadows....
Here is a view from the island.
I'll be featuring a kitchen tour sometime in the near future. 
My kitchen IS our dining room. 
We don't have a separate room, so I wanted to formalize this area just a bit. 
If you didn't notice, the table runner is "hugging" the plate rack. It was a bit too long, and I liked the idea of wrapping it. Makes for a cozier tablescape. 

Thought For the Day: Dining areas are fun to dress up (or down). How can you reinvent your supper experience?


This week, I'll be linking up with:
 and 2805

10 comments:

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls said...

Hi!
I saw your comment at Frugal Ain't Cheap, was intrigued by your name, checked out your blog, and here I am, following you! Don't you love how that happens in Blogland?!
I wanted to say that I love your attitude, and what you are doing with your home. Your dining area is so pretty, I would never have known it was not a separate room, had you not said so. Great job!

Abi K. said...

Those dishes are very cute, what a lovely find. I recently went to a thrift store looking for antique cute dishes to display my perfumes. No luck, still searching for the perfect plate :)
Just started following your blog.
www.abi-asaturdaymorning.blogspot.com
Abigail K

Patty (Patty's Pretty Things) said...

Your plate wall is very nice! I like how you made you address plates too! Good job!

Rea T said...

using plates for address number? that is smart, i like this idea!

huggies***
rea

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

our "dining room" is in our kitchen too, and I too try to dress it up (especially when we have guests...which is quite often). Love ehat you did with the house numbers. Such a creative and unique idea. Did you paint the numbers?

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

This looks great. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones! I would love for you to visit me and see the centerpiece at my Thanksgiving table I am visiting you from Savvy Southern Style!

Julie said...

What a lovely wall. It does make it look a little formal. Good job. New follower from Delightful Order linkup. Julie at http://icreatepurtythangs.blogspot.com.

Tami Michel said...

Thank you for linking up to the Friday Block Party at Curb Alert! and also thanks for your sweet comments on my Thanksgiving picture. I was amazed that my kids all participated with smiles, it usually takes an arm and a leg and LOTS of bribing to get them to take pictures!
Have a great weekend! Tami @ Curb Alert!

Stacey said...

Looks great! I like your plate wall too :o)
Thanks for linking up this week!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Great dishes! Thank you sharing this at Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse