Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Amazing Curbside Mirror

Can you believe this beautiful mirror was free - from the side of the road?
It's HUGE. And HEAVY. And I'm in love. 

I don't have a place for it (yet), but I will. 

First, it needs some TLC. That ivy decal has GOT to go. 
There are also some hot glue stains I need to remove. Remedies for that are welcomed!
I'm so thankful my sister spotted this and picked it up for me!! It's quite cumbersome, and Al could barely load it. (And she's got "Sampson" strength - ha ha!)

I really like to decorate my home in mirrors, as they naturally create the illusion of a larger area.
This is so heavy, it has to be hung from a thick cord. 
Can't wait to find the perfect place for it. Stay tuned!

Thought For the Day: In most parts of Oklahoma, when people set items like this by the curb, it's less about disposing of trash and more of a "Here. Someone Take This!" type of thing. I'm usually happy to oblige. :)


This week, I'll be linking up with:
 and 2805

7 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Now this is one awesome curbside TREASURE!!! Thanks for sharing at my party:)

Blessings,
Linda

Sandy said...

Nothing better than a curb side
find and one that is nice!
Happy Holidays
Sandy

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What a nice free beauty. Wish I could find some nice free stuff around here.

Design_Fluff said...

This is lovely. I can see why your so excited about it.

Decora Adora said...

This is a lovely mirror. I love your blog!!!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Stopping by from Coastal Charm to take a closer look at this mirror. What a find! Can't wait to see where you end up using it!

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

that is great! When we put stuff on the road...it magically disappear in less than 30min.