Friday, November 9, 2012

Let's Chalk About It!

Do you like to write things down? You already know I do. 

About 2 weeks ago, I decided I wanted a chalkboard for my office - where I make all my lists.  Alas, I finally found one for under $10

And I present to you:
I found the chalkboard in the craft dept. at Hobby Lobby for $7.99 and bought some acrylic paint to transform the wood.
I placed my sconce underneath to dress it up. 
Above the chalkboard rests MY FAVORITE THING EVER:
My little donkey plate. 

He's knocking over a bucket of bells!
(And to think I only paid .49 cents for this.)
He's either having fun or trying to break free. Maybe both??

Either way, his "spill" coordinated with my message! 
Yee-haw!

Thought For the Day: Chalkboards are great for communicating messages to your guests, your family and to yourself. Write a grocery list, today's menu, a recipe, a quote, a list, draw a picture - chalk it up to creativity!

This week, I'll be linking up with:
 and 2805

1 comment:

sandy said...

Good idea. I have a round shaped rooster whose body is a chalkboard. I write notes, greetings, what's for dinner, etc. on it. It adds a bit of fun to the day!
sandy