Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm A Quitter

I never ever ever thought the time would come when I...it's hard to even type this....when I would quit drinking pop. (That's what we call it in Oklahoma. It's not "soda" here.)
Canned cokes and Sonic Dr. Peppers are my "thing." 
I drink at least one or both of them every single day. 
I RELY on these old friends. 

But...

I began to wonder. 

What would it to for my waistline AND for my health if I gave up this habit?

So, beginning today, I'm cutting out pop. 

AND I'M TERRIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!

I may fail, but I at least want to try my absolute hardest. 

I'll keep you posted, mmmm-kay?

{Lord help me. I can ALREADY feel the shakes coming on.}

Thought For the Day: What are YOU putting off trying because you're afraid you may fail? Remember, failing isn't about falling down. It's about staying down. Try as many times as it takes!! I will, too. 

6 comments:

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

thanks for following. I am a new follower too. Sorry I can't help with your pop addiction :) I rarely drink pop...if any. But I admire the willingness to stop a habit!

Dixie n Dottie said...

Good for you! My sister n I gave up pop for a year. That was our goal and we did it! On New Year's Eve we had a pop ready and waiting to drink right at 12:00a.m., since our year was up. We just pretty much did it to prove we could do it. We did, so we're good! :) I wish you luck! It's not easy, that's for sure!
http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

Cindy said...

I gave up soda once before...it wasn't so bad. Definitely worth doing for the sake of your teeth if not anything else. Meanwhile, I got a coke to drink. Take care!!

Danielle said...

I've been contemplating this too! I really enjoy Dr. Pepper - even though pop is awful for me! Eek. Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! It's well worth the effort. It's unbelievable the empty calories we take in with pop (it's 'pop' here in Michigan also).
If you have trouble substituting plain water, try cucumber slices or lemon, there's a product called Mio (a water enhancer)that you squirt into your water if you're craving a flavor. And remember that many of the flavored teas at the soda fountain (Brisk raspberry tea) have almost as many calories as regular pop. I had no problem giving up pop, but that darn raspberry tea is a different matter. LOL
I think you'll be surprised after a few weeks of no pop that you find it doesn't taste as good as you remember it did.
Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

My husband works for Sonic, he wont be happy to hear this lol!