Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Mantle Makeover

I've recently developed a slight obsession with plates. Thus, the mantle became the perfect place to display these beautiful plates I found for $1.25 each at a garage sale. {Swoon}
Ever since I visited Charleston, SC, and learned the meaning of pineapples, having them in my home is a must.  They send a message of Southern hospitality to guests, saying "welcome."  
As for the heavy, sage green candlesticks...my sister got them for me from a thrift store where they were marked down to .10 CENTS!! Sold, folks. Sold.
This week, I'll be linking up with Thrifty Decor Chick,  Savvy Southern Style, as well as Delightful Order's Delightfully Inspiring Thursday Party and 2805's Potpourri Fridays.

Thought For the Day: Placing a mirror on a mantle opens up the room and makes it appear bigger. If you don't know what to add on your mantle, a mirror is a safe bet. 

1 comment:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

What a nice vignette. Your mantel looks great.