Monday, October 1, 2012

My Front Yard Fall Decor

We didn't want to spend a lot of money, so Joey and I just went with some basic yard staples: pumpkins, mums and last year's scarecrows. 
I found this adirondack bench on someone's curb two years ago. I promptly called Joey and made him bring the truck so we could haul it off to our house. Then, I painted it red. I really like how it's gotten weathered over time. 
Joey planted pansies in this authentic Mexican urn. (This was also being thrown away on someone's curb!! Thank God my sister spotted it and called me. How someone could cast this aside is beyond me.) Every time we host a garage sale, people want to buy it. Nope. Never.
I'll be linking up this week with Thrifty Decor Chick,  Savvy Southern Style, as well as Delightful Order's Delightfully Inspiring Thursday Party and 2805's Potpourri Fridays.

Thought For the Day: Don't be afraid to "curb shop". You may find something extraordinary that you'll enjoy displaying in your own home. 

2 comments:

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

I love all of your Fall Decor! So warm and inviting. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from WUW. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-17.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

D said...

Really pretty. Love the pumpkin around the tree idea. Must try that.
D