Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Me? The Liebster Award?

I've been nominated for the Liebster Award! My friend, Ricci, from A Beautiful Mess was kind enough to extend me this honor. You can visit her blog by clicking on the link. Thanks, Ricci!

Facts of the Liebster Award:
The Liebster Award's origins are pretty much a mystery. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 200 or less followers. It's basically a "Hey, that's a sweet little blog you've got there. Here's an award!" You can't just accept the award. You have to play by the (ever changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog for all to see.

The Rules:
1. List 11 facts about yourself. 
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you. (My 11 questions for each of the 11 nominated blogs are near the bottom of this post.)
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate. (At the very bottom of this post you will find the links.)
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. (See the intro of this post.)

Eleven Facts About Me:
1. I've had skin cancer...the "good" kind, though. Basal Cell Carcinoma, not Melanoma. Thus, I will proudly have white skin for the rest of my life. No tanning for me. 
2. When I was in elementary school, I wanted to be on Star Search and subsequently become famous. I'm glad that didn't pan out.
3. I have one tattoo that I still haven't told my parents about (I'm 30). That was a no-no growing up, and I just never got around to bringing it up. It's really hidden, so I'm good. 
4. I am a natural brunette. I become a blonde in high school when my friend was using Sun In, and I was like, "I bet that doesn't even work. Here...let me test it." A whole bottle later, I was hooked for life - ha ha!
5. I'm a sucker for award shows. I love seeing who wins.
6. I wrote my children's book for my senior project in college. So, it was sitting on the shelf for about 6 years before it ever became a reality. 
7. I love canned cokes and fountain Dr. Peppers. Just like that. It can't be switched. Oh, and I drink a lot of iced tea. 
8. I never had a boyfriend until college...and we were best friends first...then we ended up getting married. So, I married my first boyfriend. 
9. I'm a Christian, and I KNOW I'm going to Heaven, but I'm terrified of death. I can't bear to leave my kids behind without their mama!!...or to leave Joey without me. Not that I'm super great, but we've got a good thing going, y'all. 
10. I believe dogs are VERY important people. 
11. I'd describe myself as fun, friendly, full of faith, and goal-oriented. Each month, Joey and I write down our goals together. 

Questions I was asked by Ricci (pronounced Ricky):
1. Favorite color? I like so many! Red? Turquoise?
2. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I just wanted to be a writer. 
3. Coke or Pepsi? Canned Cokes. 
4. Favorite vacation destination? I would definitely go back to Charleston. But, I love being home. :)
5. Oldest, Middle, Youngest, or Only child? Middle!
6. If you won the lottery today what is the first thing you would buy? I'd tithe to my church, pay off debt, help out family, save, then perhaps buy my dream cherry red Stingray Corvette??
7. How long have you been blogging? About 2 years? But I've just recently gotten into connecting with other bloggers. 
8. Favorite season? Fall. Sweatshirt hugs are the best.
9. Do you sleep with your bedroom door open or closed? Depends if one of my little ones is in our bed. If so, then closed. (No waking the other one!!)
10. What were you doing three hours ago? Trying to get my children to sleep/watching the Presidential debate. 
11. Do you believe in love at first sight? I don't THINK I do. I go back and forth on this, but I don't know that you can fully LOVE someone without knowing everything about them that you need to know. 

The Three Blogs I nominate are (I'm cheating. It's late!!):
1. Traci:  You Can't Spell Practical Without Traci
2. Meredith: Newlywed's: The DeWitte's
3. Whitney: The Polka-Dotty Place

My Eleven Questions for the Nominees:
1. If you could have dinner with someone famous (living or dead) whom would you choose?
2. What do you think or know about Oklahoma?
3. What's your biggest fear?
4. What do you consider your biggest success?
5. Zack Morris or AC Slater?
6. What's your favorite accessory?
7. How long have you been blogging?
8. Best movie of all time?
9. If you could eat anything right now, what would it be?
10. Favorite quote?
11. What's your guilty pleasure?


Thought For the Day: Browse, and get to know other bloggers.  It's worth it

2 comments:

Allison White said...

Mere!!!!! Congrats!!!!! I would nominate you for the best sister award if I could. Im so excited for you!

Denise said...

Hi Oklahoma girl! Thanks so much for stopping by.