Thursday, October 25, 2012

My "Dressed Up" Address

I've never implemented what I've seen on Pinterest...until I saw this unique idea. Therefore, I'm happy to say I've addressed my address.
Last weekend, I FINALLY found a 4 tiered plate rack at a garage sale!!!!! (For months, all I've found are 3 tiered plate holders.)

With the plates it was only $6. (She wasn't selling them separately.)

I took the plates (pictured below), but planned to buy some different ones. 
I found these delicate, cream colored plates at a thrift store for $1 each.
Then I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a piece of decorative paper to use for the numbers.

I chose this charcoal grayish print to pop against the color of the plates.
{An alternative is to purchase number decals from The Home Depot.}
Next, using a piece of card stock paper, I printed out my address in the font I wanted - Modern No. 20.

I layered the print-out over my "address paper" and cut. 
Then Joey glued the numbers to the plates using outdoor Mod Podge. 
Once everything was dry, I put the plates on the rack.

The rack was originally silver, but Joey spray painted it black.
This is how I "served" up my address on plates - for about $18!
{This includes the cost of supplies and both sets of plates.}
There may be a better way to execute the process, but we just guessed along the way. (Yes, Joey was a very involved participant. But, don't tell him I told you. ;))

Thought For the Day: Plates aren't just for eating off of anymore. How can you use plates around your home?

This week, I'll be linking up with Kelly's Korner

17 comments:

Ricci said...

That is really cute!!!

lilwhitelife said...

I love it and really like the price too! Leslie

Lynnie @ Vintage Gal Style said...

I really like the use of plates for your house number, makes it more cozy. I probably would use vinyl numbers...

Jonnique said...

I really want to do this, thank for sharing. New follower via blog hop! Would love for you to follow back!?

Laurel@chippingwithcharm said...

Great idea :)

Terry Moore said...

So out of the box with this idea. I would be worried that the wind or weather would get to them at my home, but I love them on yours.

must love junk said...

LOVE this! Very fun! I'm your newest follower and invite you to visit and say hi :)
Susan

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

Hey this is awesome, I have no plate projects but I'm really warming o them :)

Stacey said...

That is a really cool idea! How fun!
Would love if you stopped by my party to link this up!
Stacey of Embracing Change

http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com/2012/10/creative-inspirations-linky-party_31.html

Danielle Wagasky said...

I featured you today on Blissful and Domestic. Stop by and snag a button:>


Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic
http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com/2012/11/feature-friday-link-party-56.html

Sarah Larsen said...

This is so pretty!

I am your newest follower. I would love for you to follow me back and share this post at my Flaunt It Friday link party.
http://www.blissfulbucketlist.com/2012/11/flaunt-it-friday-19.html

Can't wait to see more posts!
Sarah@
www.blissfulbucketlist.com

Tami Michel said...

This is one of the best original ideas I have seen in a very long time. Found you over at Embracing Change and so glad I did. Great job!
Tami @ Curb Alert!

MONICA LIVAS said...

Great idea! LOVE it!

Cindy said...

Awesome! Can't wait to try this!

Rea T said...

this is really awesome!! now that turned out pretty, i like spending less as much as possible just like this project...

huggies***
rea

Design_Fluff said...

This project is awesome! How creative! I'd love to try this out some day. I am not quite sure where one would find the plate rack.

Happy Turkey Day!:)

Art and Sand said...

I would never have thought of this. I am using my 3 tiered plate rack as a craft supply holder in my "creative space".

Happy Creating in 2013