Sunday, October 7, 2012

50 Shades of "NEIGH"

I'd like to introduce you to the latest love in my life...Holden Horse. (I thought about naming him something "professional" like Prized Citizen or Blue Ribbon. But, Holden feels more personal.)
I scored this piece, beautiful frame and all, at a garage sale in an upscale neighborhood for just $1. Just four quarters, and I was skipping to the car. 
I felt a little sheepish hanging such a whimsical piece like this in the living room. But I couldn't bear to put Holden in a low-traffic part of the house. So, I put him here...then stepped back...
and thought, "Can I DO this??" (i.e. Is one allowed to hang a big horse picture?) Then I replied to myself, "Of COURSE you can. You can do anything you want!"
So the picture is staying right where I hung it. 
It will only boost the theme in the picture hanging on the next wall over, titled A Business-like Trio. Please excuse the flash. I have to take pictures at night when the kids are asleep!
A closer look at the Englishmen and their hunting hounds.
Mag-NEIGH-ficent. ;)
This week, I'll be linking up with The Dedicated House's Make It Pretty Monday, Coastal Charm's Nifty Thrifty TuesdayThrifty Decor Chick, Savvy Souther Style's  Wow Us Wednesday,  Delightful Order's Delightfully Inspiring Thursday Party and 2805's Potpourri Fridays.

Thought For the Day: Conventional decorating is out. Combining patterns and using bold, whimsical pieces is IN!

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

I love it! Of course, I'm a sucker for horses. :) Good find!

Allison White said...

Hay hay hay!!! I love it mere! or should I say Mare?

Late Bloomers said...

In the picture on the horses halter there is a metal plate, what does it say on the plate?

Ang [who's blog is named for her horse]
SoLongFarm.blogspot.com