Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Fall Decor Home Tour

We're falling into fall here at the Garrett Homestead. Here's how I've been decorating. Let's start in the kitchen.
This mirror was a new addition since last fall, so this year I wanted to hang my wreath over it. I love the  layering. 
Here's my island:
I put these pumpkins on a some candle holders I was no longer using. 
Even Joey was impressed! Ha!
Behold the plate rack! ;)
Remember, I found the rack at a thrift store for $4 and the toil plates at another thrift store for $6 total.
Here, I added a pumpkin to a side table. 
These scarecrows made their way to the bathroom...
Putting candy corn in this cherub dish added some whimsy to the table. P.S. The cherub/fish piece was purchased at a garage sale for just $3! The lamp? $10 at an antique store. Frame? .50 cents at a yard sale.
I'll post pictures of the outside as soon as it's all ready. Right now, we're still planting mums and adding pumpkins. 

Thought For the Day: It's not Autumn until you get out the fall decor!

This week, I'll be linking up with:
 and 2805

5 comments:

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

So pretty! Your home looks like it is so gorgeous :)
Cheers, Andrea

Connie said...

Well, my friend, I like your about me statement about believing in prayer and carbs! I also believe in lifting up people instead of tearing them down. Being a positive person! Being humorous, as I would have shot myself loooong before now if I had no sense of humor. ;-)

I don't decorate for the seasons as it's just too much trouble for this ol' lady anymore. We're lucky to get the lights up (hubs' duty) and to have a tree since we're empty nesters. Plus orange isn't a favorite color for me and it doesn't go with the pink in my house. :-)

Nice to meet you, sugar! But your home is gorgeous! Going to peruse your blog some more and add you to my Google Reader.

xoxo,
Connie

Honey at 2805 said...

Very pretty! I would be delighted for you to link it to Potpourri Friday, in progress and register for the $50 gift card from Shabby Apple!

Honey at 2805 said...

Stopping back by to say thank you for sharing your creativity at Potpourri Friday!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Everything looks fallish and festive. I have to agree that it's definitely here. I, for one, am ready!