Saturday, July 21, 2012

My Cozy Entryway

Today I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner for her Show Us Your Life series. The topic is "the foyer." So...here's mine:
I love decorative balls. It's fun to mix the prints.
This is the view from the door. That's my office straight ahead. We'll explore THAT another day.
I love what this says, so I hung it on my knob. It says, "Families are forever. Our family is raised on love."
These golden, iron sconces are from Kirkland's. Of course, I BOUGHT them at the Goodwill for just $12.50 total. I still love them as much as the day I found them in their box on a shelf. :)
Joey and I got this mirror from our wedding registry...before we'd I'd established a style for the home. I want to replace it with something more ornate, but for now I have my sights set on other "projects."
Books can be strong statement pieces. Put them anywhere and...ta da!
Why, yes, Where the Sidewalk Ends belongs on the top of any stack.  
This glass mirror/sign is above my front door. 

Thought For the Day: Whether you have an entryway or not, what people see first communicates the tone of your house...and you don't have to break the bank to send the message you're looking for. 

1 comment:

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

I'm stopping by for a visit from Kelly's Korner today.
You have a wonderful entryway into your home. I also love reading the stories behind items in a home. That definitely turns a house into a home.
My favorites are your books. It's great to see people still appreciate an actual book. We haven't jumped on the eReader bandwagon as of yet.
Don't you just love thrift shop finds?! I would have fought you for those scones. And the mirror is very pretty.
I really enjoyed my visit to your blog. Have a wonderful week.