Monday, June 25, 2012

Heels, Hair and A Hot Date

Despite being up at 4:30 a.m. Sunday morning (see previous post. Warning: I was a wee bit crotchety), I was giddy about the thought of going out to dinner with Joey. That's right...no Mommy Clothes, rather a LBD and heels that I don't get to wear as often as I (or Joey) would like. ;)
I love this dress because it a) has pockets so I can do something with my hands for pictures b) has a really thick, hot-looking zipper all the way up the back of the dress c) cost me $5 at the Goodwill (I can't remember the actual brand, but that's where I purchased it.) d) can be dressed down with tights for daytime activities. I tried to get another picture of it here...(I knew I would blog about this rare occasion, so yes, I made the most of my trip to the ladies' room.)
As for the hair...I just bobby-pinned the two side pieces in the back. It took about 4 minutes to "perfect." Nevermind the hairspray I doused my hair in. 
We ate at Boulevard Steakhouse in Edmond, and we were with his co-workers. So what if it was a work-related feast? We took full advantage of being together away from the kids for only the second time in 3.5 years - since G was born. To us, it was still a date and we had the time of our lives. I should also tell you that the food was UH-MAZE-ING. I was too busy eating to snap pictures. 
On the way home, we saw a beautiful sunset. You should feel special because I took a picture just for you. I know you are deeply touched. 
My clutch is a vintage magazine purse. Carrie Bradshaw carried one of these at a boat party on Sex and the City. It was the first time I'd ever seen another magazine purse...ever. Mine has a Las Vegas print on it. I bought this at the Goodwill when I was a sophomore in high school, y'all!! (OMGosh, I've been shopping there THAT long?)
There's my Prince Charming - driving us home AND driving his way into my heart. Ha ha! I'm just BCOP (being cheesy on purpose). Yes, I just made up that acronym. You're welcome. 

Thought For the Day: There's something wonderful about dressing up for your One. It keeps things lively and new between two people. Perhaps we should all do it more frequently - even if it's just to eat at KFC!


No comments: