In an effort to say goodbye to my twenties, I thought I'd list a few things I learned along the way.
1) Diamonds aren't a girl's best friend...Crest Whitening Strips are. :)
2) Sometimes, it's not about what you know, rather who you know.
3)...But mostly it's about what you know.
4) One of the nicest things you can do for someone is be extra kind to their child.
5) Glamorizing the past is a slippery slope and not worth your time.
6) No one has it all. No one. Every single person is battling something.
7) Men often mistake women's friendliness with flirtation.
8) It's impossible to look educated while chewing gum.
10) Tell the people you care about that you value and love them, like, all the time.
11) Confidence makes a person look 87% more attractive, intelligent, and altogether appealing.
12) You can never be too organized.13) Greed is the worst. THE WORST.
14) Maturity does not necessarily come with age.
15) Sometimes we wait around on God, when He is the one waiting on us!
16) Marriage isn't 50/50. It's 100/100.
17) When you have kids, it's not about you anymore. 18) Our judicial system is Kuh-razy!
19) Insincerity is easy to detect.
20) Doing my nails makes me feel a little bit more pulled together...until the polish starts chipping.
21) Don't act in anger. Wait a minute...or a day...and get rational. Then act.
22) Utilize your library. Ahhh, the smell of REAL, free books.
23) Never call a wedding ring cute. Babies are cute.
24) Pay attention to politics. Or at least enough to be an informed voter.
25) Know your debts.
26) Stop feeling so obligated.
27) If you want to make a friend, smile and introduce yourself. And be sincere.
28) Giving a nice compliment is better than giving a gift. Unless that gift is a gift card to Hobby Lobby. ;)29) All men should let the women do the decorating. There is never any reason to say differently.
30) Cheerleaders ARE athletes. I played varsity volleyball, and we always doubted how little the cheerleaders worked out (compared to us). Now, I get it. Thanks, reality TV!
Thought For the Day: I just gave you 30!