Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pictures of Sutton's Delivery

It's taken me a week to post these pictures, but hey, I've had my hands full! My baby girl, Sutton Marie (middle name is after my sister's middle name), was born on August 28th and weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces. Here she is winking at you. :)I was induced at 6:20 a.m. and she was born at 2:16 p.m. after one push! Yes, I DID have an epidural, but I still felt some of my contractions even at the end.

Sutton looks just like me when I was a newborn. I was so thankful that she was born healthy!!! Grayson didn't really know what to make of this new "baby", but he since has become aware that "Sissy" lives at home with us now. Everything seems to be going well. The Lord really did answer some specific prayers that I had regarding the delivery and adjustments when coming home. I felt good enough to leave close to 24 hours after having her. I still have Sutton's "coming home" outfit hanging in her room. I can't bear the thought of washing it. I thought you'd appreciate the delicious breakfast that I ate the morning after I had her. Ready?I think I ate this in a minute flat. Seriously.

There are many more pictures that I would love to share with you, but I just don't have enough time to post them. I don't even really have time to leave you a thought for the day (but you wouldn't want one with my post-pregnancy brain anyway). I will say that Sutton is a very sweet baby and looooooves to be held. I forgot what I'm capable of doing one-handed, while cradling my dumpling in the other arm. I may just get scoliosis from such bad posture! Oh well. It's worth it!

2 comments:

katandkarl said...

She's just precious!! Congrats again!

Monica said...

Hey Mere! Love the pics! I found a project where you can put Sutton's home from the hospital outfit in a shadow box. Here is the link: http://themamadramalogues.blogspot.com/2009/10/make-it-gorgeous-shadow-boxes.html