Monday, August 22, 2011

It's Finally Time To Have This Baby!

So, I missed my due date. Earlier in my pregnancy, there was NO doubt in my mind that I wouldn't go past 39 weeks. I never expected to watch my due date come and go. Ha ha!

If you're wondering how I feel - I feel like I got bucked off a horse in terms of aching. It's hard to walk. And my skin actually hurts from her stretching my stomach out. (I hope she's not too big to wear her cute newborn clothes!)

I was comparing weekly pictures the other day, and even my 39 - 40 week photos are a huge contrast of how bloated I am. I'm ready to work off the 23 (plus?) pounds I've gained! The last 8-9 came in the final weeks, but there's nothing I could do about that. :) All that aside....My doctor suggested inducing me on Tuesday if I were still pregnant (I think she could read the desperation on my face). Tomorrow morning at 5:30 a.m., it's all going to happen, and I can't believe the time has FINALLY come. Joey and I can't wait to meet our daughter.

Apparently, not everyone is as excited as we are...Penny Lane knows something is changing. But what?Today was our last day with Grayson as an only child! Here's our last dinner as a family of 3. G refused to eat spaghetti and requested popcorn. I caved. But see how happy he looks? He loooooves popcorn. I will post a birth announcement blog when I can...And then I promise I'll stop bombarding you with pregnancy/baby content. I'm very aware that YOU aren't going to think everything my baby does is as adorable as I do.

Until then, please keep me and my family in your prayers. I just want to have a smooth delivery and a healthy baby/outcome.

Thought For the Day: The end of something is really only the beginning of something else.

P.S. Thank you for taking this journey with me.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Meredith,
You are in my prayers for a safe, healthy, and easy delivery for you both! I am so happy for you to finally have her and can't wait to meet her!

Love you!
Monica