Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Few Weeks Left & A Look Back

Time flies when you're changing diapers. This pregnancy has FLOWN by compared to my last, but now I'm starting to get reeeeally uncomfortable. I'm convinced there is absolutely no more room for this baby in my body!! My doctor said the baby hasn't dropped yet, so she can't tell if she's head down. :(Let's take a look back, shall we? Here I am at 12 weeks: 25 Weeks: 33 Weeks: Weight Gain: 16 pounds.

Challenges: Surviving Oklahoma's triple digit, record breaking heat this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the hottest July Oklahoma has EVER seen - the weather dude said. I think people (including myself?) are going a little crazy.

Other Challenges Include: Sleeping (so uncomfortable), changing Grayson's diapers/sitting on the floor, walking, squatting down to pick things up because I have become Captain Butterfingers, which is highly annoying.

Cravings: Tacos, Lucky Charms

Nursery: Done! Can't wait to show you pics!!

For fun, Joey insisted that I take a picture in the same shirt I had on right before I got my epidural with Grayson. I was a very bloated 39 weeks and 2 days here:My stomach is bigger now, but I'm exactly 4 weeks less along than the above photo:. I can't believe this journey is almost over and a new one - life with a newborn - is going to begin very soon.

I pray that Grayson will handle all the changes well. Lately, he has become very anxious about being away from me or Joey, so I dread being away from him in the hospital. I know it will all work out, though.

Thought For the Day: Be "journey" happy and not "destination" happy. Waiting to be satisfied only when you reach the finish line is a mistake.

3 comments:

brooke knight said...

you look great! and i can't believe only 16lb. i ended up gaining FORTY instead of the intended 25 by the end with Parker. FAIL! :)

katandkarl said...

awww you look awesome! Check out the site www.spinningbabies.com if you haven't - there is a chart there that can help you try and figure out fetal position if you are curious! I think it was a lot easier for me to tell this time around how this little one was/is laying. plus he/she gets hiccups frequently so the pulsating, um, area makes it easy for me to know the head is down there! :)

Allison White said...

You look great! I am so excited to meet your little one. Brooklyn is going to flip out that there is a girl to play with.