Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Art of Doing Nothing

If you're anything like me, you feel "weird" or lazy when you just sit down and do...well...nothing.

I'm not a busy-body, but I do tend to feel like there HAS to be something more important I could be doing than watching mindless TV shows. But, as my due date rapidly approaches (about one month away), I'm continually reminded that my time to do nothing will QUICKLY come to a halt.

Therefore, as I play the waiting game, I better take advantage of the time I have to put my feet up and catch a bad reality show while I can.

I've always been of the mindset where I like everything in moderation - including a busy schedule and a boring schedule. There are benefits to both, and I am learning to see time spent doing nothing as a gift. Thought For the Day: So often women feel guilty or lazy when we take time to zone out - and most of the time, that opportunity doesn't frequently occur! Doing "nothing" (clipping coupons, napping, watching TV, going for a drive) for a while can really benefit us though. Nothing actually turns into SOMETHING.

No comments: