Tuesday, July 26, 2011

36.5 Weeks - Cranky With Cankles

As I sit here wearing Joey's beater tank top (classy), I can only report that this heat is starting to make me a wee bit cranky.

When I put on this shirt today, I asked Joey if I looked like an optical illusion. Ha! Are the ovals protruding toward you or is it just in your mind? Trust me, I know the answer.The swelling from the heat and all has forced me to place my fake wedding band on my pinky. Nice, huh? I removed my real wedding rings last month because I figured my finger would be too swollen to take them off. Boy, I'm glad I did.

Today, the doctor confirmed that my baby is head down - hooray!!! I'll spare you the other details, but I thought you'd appreciate knowing I gained 4 pounds since last week. That's almost a pound a day!!!! Dare I blame it on the heat and all the water retaining that is occurring? Note to cankles below: I haven't changed my eating habits or anything else. Oh well. No biggie - as long as I'm healthy.

Thought For the Day: Why not take things day by day? I don't know about you, but I start to get all worked up when I try and figure everything out. All we really need is to have strength for today. The strength for tomorrow will be waiting for us.

2 comments:

Coulters Gone Country said...

Bless your heart Meredith. Keep up the great attitude because you are almost there!!! But I have to admit, from the picture it looks like your feet really, really hurt. :o)

Monica said...

Meredith, you are a beautiful pregnant lady, cankles or no cankles!! I know several preggos this summer...just stay hyrdated and take it easy!!