Thursday, June 23, 2011

Care Packages Are the Best

Today I added the cutest little decorations to a wire bodice in the nursery. One of my dearest friends sent me a care package all the way from California, and in it were these little chalkboard pieces for me to write my own notes on. I knew just what I wanted to say, and where to put them.Ashley is the same friend who sent me a care package earlier in my pregnancy when I was extremely nauseous. She outdid herself this time. Here are the notes she left me on the chalkboard pieces.Proverbs 18:22 says, "He who finds a good wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord." Is she not the sweetest person ever?I couldn't agree more, Ashley. Hee hee!

I should also show you the glam pens she made me (which also match the nursery). Notice the pearls on the tips. Thoughtful AND talented. What a combination. Also included was a to-do list (TDL) notepad and "M" stationary. This girl is so in tune with my need to leave notes, make lists and stay organized, I almost can't believe it.The first thing I added to the list? Send a thank you note to Ashley.

P.S. She also sent a little rattle for the baby, but Grayson thought it was for him and ran off with it. Thus, it didn't make it in the pictures.

Thought For the Day: Try becoming a pen-pal with the friends you never ever get to see. Send handwritten letters back and forth. It really gives you something to look forward to and is a much-welcomed deviation from bills in the mail.

No comments: