Thursday, May 19, 2011

In Sickness and In Health

Have you ever felt so sick, you hallucinated that Jesus extended His hand for you to "come home"? For me, that day was yesterday. No, I didn't hallucinate but, by 3:30 p.m. I did call Joey and beg him to come home from work. Although Grayson was on his best behavior, I needed some assistance. The poor kid was maxed out on videos and "easy" foods. And I was in a fetal position, sweating like a pig on a rotisserie.

I've been fighting a virus all week, which came to a head in the wee hours of the Wednesday morning. Nothing would stay down. Not even a corn chip. I made sure I stayed hydrated, as fighting dehydration is paramount when pregnant.Is something going around?

Either way, I think the worst has passed.

Although...(Biting my nails.)

I do believe my first trimester nausea is back in full force: Inability to eat, throwing up, tiredness, high sensitivity to smells. Ug.

Thought For the Day: After having Grayson, I've had several bouts with this kind of stomach virus. Have any of you moms had tummy troubles after having kiddos?

1 comment:

Allison White said...

OH MY MERE!! I am so glad you are feeling better now. You have had the worst time with tummy trouble. After having both of my babies I had bathroom trouble not tummy trouble. No matter how you look at it, it is all a terrible down side to having babies. I wish more people would talk about it. Maybe I would have known the first time around that I wasn't going to kill over. I hope with this second delivery your tummy is in better shape!!