Friday, March 4, 2011

Blind As A Bat

You may not know this, but I cannot see anything without my contacts. Really. It's kind of scary. In Oklahoma, you can't just buy contacts as needed. You're prescription has to be updated yearly. And if it's not, you're out of luck.

Essentially, you HAVE to go back to the eye doctor and get your prescription adjusted on an annual basis.

Which is what I did today. Except, I got to spend 45 minutes behind all the eye contraptions while Grayson cried and whined in his stroller just a few feet away. Oh well, at least I got an updated prescription and got to order a 6 month supply of Air 2 Optix contacts - the best lens available.

Without vision insurance, the cost of the exam was only $65 and the contacts were $100 total. Not bad.

Thought For the Day: Never, ever, ever, ever, ever take your vision for granted. No matter how good or bad it may be

1 comment:

Meredith and Wes said...

I am SO with you on this post! I am also VERY blind..I actually bet I have you beat on soft contact lense prescription. My contacts are -11.5 and -11.0. Yeah...like I said, I'm blind. I recently had to go back to the eye doctor too for the same reason you did and my RX actually increased :( So discouraging when your eyes are already bad as it is! But I totally agree, do not take your eyes for granted people! Not being able to see is NOT fun! :)