Monday, February 7, 2011

Tales From My First Trimester

There the treadmill sits - collecting dust. (Sigh.) I had such good intentions to exercise regularly, but my good intentions usually fade into the mist by the time Grayson goes to bed.

And the home cooked meals? Poor Joey thinks it's a special occasion when he comes home to mac and cheese.

Well, I'm 12 weeks along, and my due date is August 20th. (Don't worry. The pictures from here on out will be with the shirt down. After all, this isn't Pregnant Girls Gone Wild.)I pinky promise that this blog isn't going to turn into a pregnancy blog. But, I WILL be sharing certain parts of my journey.

And I invite you to sign up and follow me so you can hear all the good stuff. (Click Follow on the top left toolbar.) Plus, don't you secretly want to see how fat I get? ; )

**************

Cravings: Nothing really sounds good or tastes good. I've been enjoying a lot of fruits and vegetables during this pregnancy. Whereas, when I was pregnant with my son, all I craved was meat, bacon cheeseburgers, heavy stuff. Don't get me wrong, I still eat a lot of pizza!

What I keep on my night stand: Whales, whales and more whales. As in the crackers, not the freaking orcas. I have to eat these throughout the night to keep from getting sick. My weight gain is imminent, I know. But these little orange friends swim to my stomach and make me so happy while I sleep every few hours.Sickness: Yes, all day. And especially in the evening - throwing up as late as 10:30 p.m. Although I was already nauseous, I had to take progesterone pills which cause even more sickness. You see, my progesterone level was on the lower end of normal, and my doctor wanted to be on the safe side - which I totally appreciate. At least the pills are cute and pink.A wonderful friend of mine knew I was sick, and she mailed me a care package all the way from southern California!! Ashley, you are one of the most thoughtful people I know!
How long it took to conceive: It only took us 4 months this time around compared to the 9 months or so with Grayson.

Sometimes Grayson goes in the bathroom and imitates me throwing up! I don't want him to see me when I'm sick, but there's no way around it most of the time.

Thought For the Day: Can't wait to tell you if I'm having another little Joey or a little Meredith. Yes, we are finding out. I wish I could know now.

2 comments:

robin.munger said...

I like the idea of Pregnant Girls Gone Wild. Just sayin'.

Okie Book Woman said...

Congratulations, Meredith! Hope your second and third trimesters are easier.