Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What Goods Have I Found At The Goodwill?

Here's a little secret: true Frugalistas know how to find a needle in a haystack. And sometimes, my haystack is the good old Goodwill.

In addition to the other "real" stores I shop, from time to time, I'll stop at this thrift store to see what I can possible find. Scroll down and enjoy!

These heavy candle holders were $1.80 each. I have to credit my sister for spotting them first.


This clock for my home office was $2.80. It's also quite heavy and is a good size.



This brand new purse from Target was $4.50. I about fell on the floor because I love huge purses. And I love Target. I must say, the pictures don't do it justice. : (




These wrought iron, scrolled sconces were still in the Kirkland's box, and I paid a total of $11.70! I tap danced all the way to the counter. They were perfect for my entryway (sorry for the poor lighting).



Lastly, I managed to score some never-been-worn heels from Nine West (since worn by me, obviously). If I remember correctly, I paid $2.70 for these.


There are so many other items that I could bring forth, but you'll have to wait for a second post. I hope you are motivated to get out and support local stores like the Goodwill.

Oh, and did I mention that I'm a carrier of their discount card? This means I get 10% off of all purchases. Even the half-priced items.


Thought For the Day: Don't be foolish enough to think the only things worthy of your dollar are found at expensive places. One should never be above a good deal.

Goodwill Industries International enhances the dignity and quality of life of individuals, families and communities by eliminating barriers to opportunity and helping people in need reach their fullest potential through the power of work.

2 comments:

katandkarl said...

i love the goodwill. they also have an excellent book selection if you pick through - $1 to $2 vs. Barnes and Noble prices. Yes please.

Allison White said...

I couldn't be a stay at home mom without the help of the Goodwill!!!