Sunday, January 2, 2011

Super Quote Sunday - "Health"

“It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” ~Mahatma Gandhi

Isn't that the truth? If we don't have our health, we don't have anything.


While some forms of sickness can't be prevented, a lot of the the time they can. Stress is a great example of this. Stress causes a large portion of our health problems. Sometimes, we're are body's worst enemy.

I wish I felt well enough to research and provide all the statistics regarding this subject. But I'm a bit under the weather myself.

All this sickness that has been going around finally caught up with me. Sigh.

Yesterday was New Year's Day. I didn't even leave the house (or change out of Joey's sweats).

And how did I spend New Year's Eve? My husband and I went to bed at 9:45. (PM, that is). I have no apologies. I need to take care of myself.

And so do you.

This year, let's both avoid letting stress get the best of us. Let us remain cool, calm and collected and start the year out with a renewed focus on health.

Cheers to running more, drinking less soda and getting more sleep...hopefully.

Thought For the Day: May you reach all of your health goals this year. I will start by letting the laundry pile up, drinking lots of orange juice and sleeping as much as possible - all in the name of getting better.

P.S. Once I finally do feel back on my feet, I've got a lot of good posts awaiting your eyes. Just need to take the time to write them. Happy New Year!

No comments: