Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy 29th Birthday To Me

If you know me, I'm not one of those people who LOVE it when it's my birthday - requiring lots of unnecessary attention and spending. Just being with my family is all I need. So, today was perfect!

Today, my mom and I celebrated a joint birthday (mine is on the 21st, hers is on the 26th). My gracious and wonderful sister hosted at her house. She had balloons and everything! I would have taken more pictures, but I am quite selective about posting pictures of my family, their children and their homes. I mean, THEY didn't sign up to blog about their lives - I did. So I respect their privacy.

One of my favorite gifts is this black purse from New York & Company. (I'm holding the strap). A girl can never have too many purses, right??Also, my mom brought over never-before-seen movie reels from her childhood, and my dad worked the projector (what a pro!). Tears came to my eyes as I got to see my Papa (now deceased) when he was young and full of life. He was watching my mom play as he hung out clothes on the clothes-line. I only knew him when he was old and had tanned, wrinkled skin. I miss him so much. What a gift to get a glimpse of those everyday moments in the earlier part of his life (as well as my mom's).

All in all, it was a pleasant day filled with lots of loving phone calls and texts from friends and family. Cheers to a great year!

Thought For the Day: 29 is not old. Neither is 30, 40 or 50. Sure, we're all aging, but I think Old is a state of mind. And I hate hearing young people say, "Oh, I'm getting so old!" For when they're 75, they'll probably laugh about times they used to mutter that phrase.

1 comment:

robin.munger said...

Happy Birthday friend!! I didn't know!! Hope you had a great day and are feeling better :)