Thursday, January 6, 2011

11 Things You Didn't Know About Me

To exemplify one of my favorite writing tips, "show, don't tell," I thought it'd be fun to show you more about myself rather than to just tell you that I'm type A, or that I was a precocious (perhaps over-stimulated?) child.

These ten things tell you a bit more about who I am.

11. I've never had a cup of coffee. I guess I never wanted to get addicted to it. (Oh, but Dr. Pepper's acceptable?)

10. I used to eat a bag of (butter) popcorn each day. Until I actually calculated the calories correctly and almost blacked out. That's when I broke up with popcorn.


9. I have bill binders for all my bills each year. And a medical binder, as well. There are lots of tabs. Please don't hate me.

8. I don't like chocolate. Exception: I will eat chocolate cake and brownies. But those are mixes from a box.

7. I would rather run into a burning building than hang up clothes. It's my least favorite chore.


6. I stopped chewing gum two years ago. In fact, I don't think anyone looks educated when chewing it. I know that's harsh, but think about it.

5. I arrived at college very anti-sorority. Then, I joined the wonderful house of Chi Omega. Best decision ever.


4. When I was in elementary school, I wrote lots of plays and casted my classmates. Then, my teachers would let me walk around the school knocking on teacher's doors asking to interrupt and preform our play. They never turned me away.

3. I was wearing bifocals in the 4th grade. (I have terrible, awful, horrible vision.)

2. I've never seen or read anything pertaining to Twilight. No particular reason why. Don't worry, I trust that Robert Pattinson is quite the dashing leading man...or is it vampire?

1. No matter what. NO MATTER WHAT, I say "I love you" before I get off the phone with my husband, parents or siblings. Every time.

Thought For the Day: We all have little components that help make up who we are. Sometimes we share those with others, sometimes we don't. I think it's okay to show people who we really are. For those things are often the most endearing.

No comments: