Friday, December 17, 2010

Why I'm a Slave For Sausage Balls

Today I made two pounds of my famous sausage balls. See?


It took me about an hour and a half of rolling and baking and turning them until they were juuuust perfect. May I mention that sausage balls are worth the artery-clogging calories? (And don't even attempt to eat them without orange juice.)

In Oklahoma, eeeeeeveryone loves these little delights, but few people actually go the distance to make them. I, however, am one of those people.

For the past three years, they have become a Christmas tradition - one that people have begun to count on.

I hand delivered them to some of my favorite friends on our way to see Christmas lights this evening.


Every year, I am AMAZED at the Grizwald-like reverence people devote to their lights. I mean, this is unbelievable!



I wonder what their electric bill looks like.

Thought For the Day: What are some of your traditions that you have for this time of year? We have a few, and it's nice to have something to look forward to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've tasted your sausage balls and they are worth every inch added to my waistline! I missed them at the "office Christmas party" this year. But not near as much as I missed you. I'm signing this "anonymous" because I'm too lazy to set up an account, but I'm betting you know who this is. I love your blog and am bookmarking your page today!