Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What Are My New Year's Resolutions?

I've been thinking about resolutions I should set this New Year.

I have a list of my goals in 2011 (broken down in categories of financial, family and health, of course). But resolutions are different.

There will be no resolutions like the following: be a better person, get in shape, get into bed on time. Those are always going to be on my list. No need to make them resolutions, right?

So here are the ones I have decided upon. Trumpets please.

1. When shopping, put items back in the original place where I found them. I always feel so guilty when I stick the hanger on a different clothing rack or if I place something on a random shelf when I decide not to buy it. AHH! I'm a retail rebel...and I'm not proud of it.


2. Call my brother more. I talk to my sister every day. I talk to my parents about twice a week. Timmy? Not so often. And the thing is - we're close, and we live a mile apart. Timmy, if you're reading this (and I know you're not!), I will be communicating with you more regularly this year. Like it or not, little brother.


3. Floss every day. I floss, like, every OTHER day (really, I do). But, I'm going to aim higher and make it a daily endeavor. It's not like it costs a fortune to buy if I run out. Although, I don't recall ever actually running out of floss. What's up with that??

Thought For the Day: What New Year's resolutions are you setting?

2 comments:

Susan York Meyers said...

Scary - those could all be my resolutions! Happy New Year!

God bless,
Susan

Allison White said...

I have to say that I love that you and I talk every day!! You are the greatest sister anyone could ever ask for!!! I love the picture of you and Timmy. My resolution is to really (I mean for real) get the baby weight off. I feel like it is stuck!! The second baby must have some special way of making sure you stay soft and fluffy. My fear is what the third one will do. Yikes!!