Monday, December 27, 2010

Ronald McDonald Joined Us For Christmas

This Christmas, my family had a very special time. There we are at the home of my parents.


It appears Grayson is in desperate need of a hair cut. Joey called him Lyle Lovett! : ( I like his hair longer, though. What is it about mothers not wanting to cut their little angel's hair?


My mother (ever the antique shopper) found this OLD Ronald McDonald doll for Grayson. When he was 7 months old, my mom watched him for a week. At the time, he had a little Happy Meal Ronald (the Happy Meal was mine, but he got the toy).

We lost it a long time ago, but my mom remembered little Ronnie and bought him this.


He likes it, but my husband and I are totally freaked out by the thing. When we went to bed that night, I told Joey that Ronnie better be in the same place I left him when I went to get Grayson the next morning.

There's a lot more about Christmas that we loved. There was lots of yummy, warm food, which is always welcomed. Most importantly, we were surrounded with our nucleus of family and friends. It doesn't get any better than that.

...Unless you throw in the McDonalds mascot?

Thought For the Day: The root word of Christmas is Christ. I hope you and your family had a blessed Christmas and took the time to reflect on what the holiday means.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Oh Mere....you made me laugh to tears about the Ronald McDonald doll!!! Love your mom for finding the perfect "antique" gift!!