Monday, December 13, 2010

A "Perfect" Picture With Santa

This weekend was the Urban Mission's annual Santa Store. We volunteer there every year (it's just been Joey since we had Grayson).

When I went in to say hello to family and friends, Grayson and I took an impromptu photo with Santa.

I call this picture: Mommy Pretending Everything's Fine.


Staying poised and calm is an art form known to mothers around the world. It is achieved by blacking out and going to a "Happy Place" which we independently chose for ourselves during labor.

In addition to the fun-filled day, it was our turn to host SND (Saturday Night Dinner, remember??). I cooked spaghetti, green beans, corn, rolls, and salad. We had a chocolate pie for dessert.

I didn't take a picture of the meal (I was too busy hosting, folks). But, I DID take a picture of the mess AFTER the meal.


Your welcome.

Thought For the Day: I think Grayson will have more respect for Santa after he opens up all his Christmas presents this year.

No comments: