Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Where Will You Be In 6 Months?

...Or better yet: Where were you 6 months ago? Has anything changed? Have you had a baby/moved/gotten laid off/changed careers/lost weight/gotten married/gotten a new job/given up chocolate?

A lot has changed for me.

I turned to the month of November in my planner, and I came across meetings I had written in for my last employer. I had to smile.

There is no way I could have known how much would change in my life by the time that particular meeting rolled around.

I'll spare you all the changes, but I assure you that they are wonderfully different than anything I could have planned. No, things aren't perfect or really easy, but I do get to be home with my son and that's the most important thing. (There we are at home.) ; )

I remember when I was pregnant with him, I got laid off in my third trimester. The non-profit I worked for had to lay off most of the staff due to the economy.

I remember saying, "if someone would have told me six months ago that I was going to get laid off, I wouldn't have gotten pregnant." Of course, this is nonsense and Grayson came at the exact perfect time. I was just a bit scared (wouldn't you have been a bit nervous at the thought of job hunting with a huge belly and a request for maternity leave?).

In any event, things worked out better that way!

The point is, life is always changing and so much can be transformed in such a short time. I am trying to learn to be more flexible as a result. But no matter what changes occur in my life, I've learned that if I stay calm, cool and collected, I'm always going to land on my feet, and you will too.

Thought For the Day: When we want to pen in plans, life makes us wish we'd use a pencil...with a big eraser. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Like the blog? Sign up as a Follower!

No comments: