Friday, October 8, 2010

Sonic Power Hour














I've broken up with cheese (unsuccessfully). Now I'm debating whether to take the plunge and quit Happy Hour at Sonic.

The problem is, I just don't feel ready. It's something that I look forward to.

For those of you who DON'T know - Sonic is a drive-in food chain headquartered in Oklahoma. From 2-4 p.m. each day, drinks are half price.

Staying up until 1 or 2 a.m. writing, blogging, planning, etc. doesn't make for a glamorous Morning Meredith.

Therefore, a Dr. Pepper from 711 or Sonic really helps lift my energy by the afternoon.

But, there's the daily cost of it. By the way, I'm a Dr. Pepper snob and it HAS to be a fountain drink. Cans? No thank you.

If it's this hard to quit Dr. Pepper, I can't imagine how hard it is to stop smoking.

Yikes.

I don't want to commit just yet to forgetting Happy Hour, and I must admit that I'd like a little help deciding.

Have you written off pop (as we call it in in Oklahoma)? The longest I've ever gone without it is 2 weeks.

Sigh.

Thought For the Day: One of my first jobs was as a Sonic car-hop. I wore skates a few times, but I stopped after I couldn't brake and spilled into a thorn bush. Just so you know - any tip over .15 cents was always appreciated back in my day. Oh, and lay off the horns when getting a car-hop's attention.

Like the blog? Sign up as a Follower!

2 comments:

Monica said...

I have given up pop for almost two years now. And by pop, I mean any brown pop. Every once in a while I will have a cherry limeade at Sonic. However, I have not given up cheese. One thing at a time girl!! You shouldn't feel bad about a little treat....especially during happy hour!! Happy hour rocks!!

Lindsay Erin said...

I miss our Sonic runs. I tried a strawberry limeade the other day (happy hour of course) and it was gross. Bletch. I will stick to the DP!