Thursday, October 7, 2010

Please Say a Prayer

Please read this story.

I was going to blog about something else, but I just got this latest update and I am deeply saddened.

I only learned of this story through a friend, and I do not personally know the Oklahoma family that has been affected by the loss of Leslie Evans.









The reason I share this heartbreaking story with you is so that you can lift this family up in your prayers.

Stories like this remind me of how truly short life is, and how quickly it can be taken away from us.

Leslie was a gifted 27 woman who married a man - a man with 3 children whom already lost his previous wife to cancer. Leslie and Mark married and she got pregnant with twins. You can imagine how thrilled they were! Just recently, Leslie went into early labor at about 21 weeks and lost the babies. She went into cardiac arrest at some point thereafter. After holding onto life for some time, she passed away this morning.

I urge you to follow this link to learn more and to stay abreast of how we may possibly be able to help. It is a blog dedicated specifically to this devastating story. Click "Gone Home" for the latest post.

The only comfort that can come from this is to know Leslie is united in heaven with her Heavenly Father and her two most precious babies.

If you do not share my beliefs about the Lord and heaven, I challenge you to consider never again seeing your deceased loved ones. If I'm wrong about my faith, I've lived a greater life for it and will lose nothing. If you're wrong, what do you stand to lose?

Thank you for reading.

Thought For the Day: One day we will know why such terrible things like this happen. In the meantime, we must pray for peace and strength. Please remember the Evans family.

1 comment:

robin.munger said...

Meredith....Thank you for posting this and for speaking so eloquently about your faith (and mine). How incredibly sad and such a reminder of the gift we are given each and every day! I'm proud to call you friend.