Sunday, October 3, 2010

My TDL (To Do List)

It's only the 3rd of October (I'm writing this on Sunday) and I already have way too much going on.

This month boasts birthdays, a holiday, two book signings and, wait for it, my ten year high school reunion.

In any event, all this staying up late until 1 or 2 a.m. is catching up with me! In my defense, when you have a 20 month-old, there's not a lot of time to be alone at the computer when he's awake.

When my TDL gets too long or convoluted, I think my body has a tendency to shut down before my mind does. There's the sore throat, headaches, muscle aches and grogginess.

Yuck. If we don't have our health, we don't have anything.

I will probably have to blog every OTHER day to free up more time to get organized and plan ahead.

Alright, alright body. I will try and do better.

I will drink more water and get in bed by 11:30 p.m. I will take my vitamin and try to kill more birds (tasks) with less stones (time). I won't stay up and watch Jimmy Fallon this week (except for Friday when he does "Thank You Notes").

P.S. Meredith - You HAVE to decide on a Halloween costume for Grayson. Going as himself does not count.

Thought For the Day: We can't control much, but we CAN control how we spend our time outside of our working obligations.

3 comments:

Jane said...

hope you are getting better… sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application.

i hope it works on you as well.

Meredith Garrett said...

Thanks so much for your suggestion. : )

Monica said...

I LOVE the Jimmy Fallon show, and especially Thank you notes on Friday!! Hope you are feeling better!!! I understand shutting down when it seems a little overwhelming!!