Monday, October 18, 2010

What Does SCBWI Stand For?

Last night, for the second time, I attended the Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators meeting (SCBWI). The OKC Chapter meetings are held once a month at the Full Circle Bookstore, which I heart because that's where I had my first book signing.

There is an electrifying energy when sitting in a circle with other writers, as we all share a common drive: to write and to write well.

When I first attended a month ago, I didn't know what to expect. But, I did feel better about going with my friend, Robin Munger, who is also an author of a children's book. Remember Robin's guest blog? Of course you do.

I enjoy meeting new people. And being in the presence of some seasoned authors is inspiring.

If you are an aspiring children's book writer or illustrator, I encourage you to find your local chapter of this group by visiting www.scbwi.org. It will be worth your time.

Thought For the Day: Even if it's once a month, find time to get out of your comfort zone, learn, be vulnerable, surround yourself with talent, and, did I say learn?

Like the blog? Sign up as a Follower!

No comments: