Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How Did I Spend National Day On Writing?

Today started on the open road. Just me and Led Zeppelin (my invisible buddies heard only through the speakers).

It was a beautiful day to drive west down I-40.














We were headed to the Weatherford Public Library for Storytime.

Today the kids of this wonderful, Target-less but boutique-filled little town were going to hear about Penny and her polka dot shoes!

The library was easy to find, which was relieving. Once inside, I met Jamie, the nicest librarian, who helpfully took pictures of the event. (I left out the ones with children, as I don't use those without permission.)

I particularly liked the designated Storytime area.

Once the stroller-clad mommies and daddies arrived with their tots, I shared with them how I wanted to be a writer when I was little.

After some questions, I opened up THE shoe box. Inside awaited my storybook boa and the polka dot shoes themselves!

(Don't worry. There are two oxygen holes in the box especially for the shoes.)

Finally, it was time to read Penny and the Polka Dot Shoes.

We concluded the session by coloring shoe bookmarks and Penny coloring sheets.

Heading home, I thought about how nice it was to have some "me" time surrounded by the open country pastures peppered with cows.

I also managed to snap a picture of a big fire. By the way, I didn't draw the heart on my rearview mirror. That was my husband's little surprise for me, which I enjoyed the whole way home.
















Thought For the Day: There are no small presentations, speeches, gigs or events. Everything you do related to your passion matters. It's all instrumental in moving you forward.

Like the blog? Sign up as a Follower!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

It was so much fun having you. I'm going to take a picture of my shoes I promise. It was the first thing I thought of this morning :-)

Meredith Garrett said...

I'm anxious to see them, Jamie!!